🎆 Happy 4th of July to you and your family! 🎆
My wife loves the 4th of July…
That’s not entirely true… she loves fireworks and since we get to see fireworks on the 4th, she loves the 4th.
My dog, on the other hand, hates fireworks… although to be honest, I don’t know if he hates fireworks or uses them as an excuse to sleep in bed with us.
When he hears those things going off he puts his tail between his legs and begins to shake like a salt shaker. So, of course, we feel bad for him and let him sleep with us this one night of the year.
Since this is America’s independence day it makes me think about freedom and what we are truly set free from.
I’m going to avoid going off on a rant about the entire political system in America (it’s true we need a complete overhaul) because that would just ruin my day. lol
Instead, I want to celebrate a few of the things we’ve been set free from thanks to Jesus:
- Hell – (Matt 25:31-33) I know it’s not trendy to talk about hell and culture tries to tell us “all roads lead to heaven” but that’s not what the Bible teaches and it’s certainly not what Jesus taught.
- The need to sin – (Romans 8:1-4) Thanks to Yeshua you’ve been set free from the law of sin and death. In other words, there is no longer anything in you that compels you to sin. Talk about freedom, your actions are now your own!
- Addiction – (Luke 4:18) Thanks to no longer being controlled by the law of sin and death you can also now be free from any addiction, no matter how severe. I understand this freedom first hand… (remind me to tell you that story some time)
- Spiritual impotence – (Luke 10:19) That’s right, thanks to Yeshua you are no longer helpless when dealing with the demonic. I’m going to let you in on a little secret: the people who practice witchcraft and other occultic religions are the slaves of the spirits that control them (even when they think they are in control). Thanks to Holy Spirit inside you, you now have the ability to free yourself and others from demonic control.
- Physical corruption – (Romans 8:20-21) We don’t have this one in full yet but it was paid for and we get to see bits and pieces of it every now and again. We see it when people get miraculous healings and we see it during times of revival when even the fruit and vegetables grow to giant sizes.
I’m sure we can think of plenty more but for now, why don’t you go out and enjoy your freedom!
Have a great 4th
P.S. If you’d like to take part in our mission to set souls free here in our neighborhood we will need all the prayer and finances (dirty word I know) possible to help with our outreach and starting a congregation.
I’ll give you more information and lots of updates as things progress. Go here – http://liveholy.org/partner/ – to help make it all happen as we take territory for the kingdom.