It was a lot of fun but my dog did not enjoy it.
He likes to spend his morning sunbathing and this morning was ruined because of the eclipse.
I’m trying to convince myself to do the productive things I’m supposed to do in the morning now that I’m done being distracted by the eclipse.
What can I say, being lazy has its appeal, but then again…
A little sleep, a little slumber,
A little folding of the hands to rest
Your poverty will come in like a vagabond
And your need like an armed man. -Prov. 6:10-11
Motivation, at least for me, is all about that good feeling of accomplishment I get after completing something.
When I feel good in the morning (usually right after I have my coffee) I want to accomplish more, when I feel lazy, I want to binge watch Defenders on Netflix.
So to get over being lazy I go for that quick win to get me going again.
Here’s what I do to get motivated, it should work for you too:
- Make a list of all the things you should do today.
- Pick something easy you can accomplish quickly and get it done.
- That win will then release some dopamine into your brain which will make you feel good for doing something productive.
- After that, you will want another “hit” of dopamine so you will want to do something else on that list.
- This is where I like to get the hardest thing on my list done because I still have lots of energy and focus.
- From there I like to work from hardest to easiest so that as you grow more fatigued your tasks won’t be as difficult and you will be able to accomplish them.
I find that if I put off something harder until the end of the day I tend to wind up waiting until the next day to finish it.
So that’s my secret to getting over laziness… try it out and let me know what you think.
P.S. The outreach yesterday went great… here’s a link to a short video where we share a little about our experience – https://www.facebook.com/iLiveHoly/videos/1490805237701034/ –
Hopefully, some of you will be able to join us next time 😁 we’d love to have you.