Maybe it’s because it’s Friday, maybe it’s because I spent yesterday planning out what I need to do every day for the next month and a half, maybe it’s because I didn’t get as much sleep as I wanted last night… I don’t know what it is, but my coffee tastes amazing right now.
Today is going to be a good day!
I’m going to share with you something I’ve been pondering lately. Are you familiar with Treasure Hunts?
For many of us, growing up, Indiana Jones was the man to turn to when thinking about treasure hunting and exploration. In the movies, he was the larger than life archeologist who found such amazing artifacts as the Arc of the Covenant and the Holy Grail.
For a few years now we’ve been practicing a new form of treasure hunting. It’s the world’s easiest way to evangelize and see miraculous healings.
In case you are not familiar, let me give you a basic rundown:
- You get with a group of friends and each of you asks God to give you details about someone He wants you to share His love with.
- You write down the details (Your treasure map). This usually includes a description of a person and some sort of sickness, injury, or other ailments like depression.
- You go out with your friends and look for clues matching the description.
- When you find the person you show them what you wrote down.
- You heal them, share God’s love with them and tell them how He sent you to find them and how special they are because He told you how to find them.
When you do this everyone is powerfully impacted because you all have proof that you were hearing from God and that He wanted to speak to the person you were looking for specifically.
That person knows they are God’s Treasure and you get to have an exciting adventure just like Indiana Jones.
Now here’s the part where I’m going to change things up a bit for myself and I’d love for you to join me:
What if we were to do it every morning?
What if we did like Yeshua did and prayed every morning and had God show us what He wanted us to do that day? What if we asked Him for specifics on people He wants us to meet, places He wants us to go and just made ourselves available to be used by God to reach out to the hurting and lost around us?
Can you imagine the impact you would have for the kingdom if this became your daily habit?
Will you commit to treasure hunting with me this weekend?
Please comment below and share some testimonies when you get back from your adventure!