People believe all sorts of silly things.
When it comes to religion our beliefs go by another term: theology.
Lately, I’ve been thinking a lot about theology.
Mostly because I’m getting ready to send this month’s newsletter to the printers and it’s all about a cornerstone of theology, what God thinks when He looks at me.
The average person has a lot of theological beliefs whether they realize it or not… and sadly, many of them are not true… their theology really amounts to superstition or myth…
Here are a few such myths:
- God is angry at me
- God gave me this sickness to teach me a lesson
- God doesn’t care about my body
- God doesn’t speak to me
- God doesn’t do signs and wonders anymore
- God won’t forgive me for ____
- God helps those who help themselves
- God made me rich because I’m doing something right
- God made me poor because I’m doing something wrong
The list goes on and on and on…
All of these myths are dangerous and hurt your spiritual walk.
And if you believe them you are robbing yourself of the security and joy God wants to give you.
I hope I ruffled some feathers or at least gave you something to think about next time you go before God.
Question: Do you have any questions about what the Bible actually says on any of these topics? You can leave a comment by clicking here.