Many of us begin our walks with God so full of fire and passion and our lives begin to improve in many ways. But as time goes on we realize there’s still an emptiness, there’s still something we are missing. Many of us become aware, now more than ever, that there is something we lack.
Once we are made new, our spirit begins to yearn for the promised relationship of a bride awaiting her her bridegroom. This is not something we must wait until heaven for. We can begin this deep, intimate, fulfilling relationship at this very moment through prayer.
For too long now our bridegroom has been left with a broken heart. Broken because we have turned to everything but him for our fulfillment.
For My people have committed two evils : They have forsaken Me, The fountain of living waters, To hew for themselves cisterns, Broken cisterns That can hold no water.
This continued on with the people of Israel until Jesus could take it no longer
Now on the last day of the festival, Hoshana Rabbah, Yeshua stood and cried out, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink!
We still to this day have not learned our lesson. This is still the cry of His heart for His bride.
Do you thirst and can find nothing to satisfy? Turn to your bridegroom and there’s no more.
Are you empty,
are you broken,
are you afflicted,
are you worn-out with the weight of the world on your shoulders and life is too much to bear? Turn to your Messiah, your bridegroom, and you will be comforted!
In this post we will learn a simple and effective way to meet with our Bridegroom whenever we have need of Him.
We all know what it is to long for intimacy with God. We also know the guilt and feel the separation we sin.
We know what the Scriptures say,
1 John 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome.
If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.
There is a simple type of prayer which will keep you from sin. It is a prayer which will allow you to walk as Jesus walked.
Through this prayer you’ll come to know the Lord in a deep and intimate way.
The purpose of this prayer is to teach us how to walk in the presence of God.
It is a special kind of prayer which allows uninterrupted fellowship and a constant awareness of his presence.
This prayer can be experienced under any condition, at any place and anytime.
It is this “prayer of presence” that keeps us from sin.
I’m going to teach you the simplest way of becoming aware of His presence.
As you grow more accustomed to praying in this manner you will soon find yourself entering the arms of your beloved through no effort of your own.
- First, you’ll want to take out your Scriptures. What Scripture you choose to read doesn’t really matter. I personally like to use the Psalms or the Gospels.
- Next, you begin to read. You do this until you become aware of the Lord’s presence.
- At this point, you can put the Scripture down. The purpose of reading the Scripture was to get your mind off of whatever it was thinking about. It was a stop you from stressing about your day, your work, your children or whatever else you were consumed with.
- Turn your attention towards Holy Spirit inside you. Now that your mind is aware of God’s presence it will be easier to focus on what He is doing.
- Do not allow your mind to wander. And if it does wander simply turn your attention back to God’s presence – back to your awareness of “Christ in you.” (Colossians 1:27)
Remember the Lord desires nothing more than to reveal Himself to you. He will give you great grace in this practice and you’ll experience great joy and pleasure in His presence.
As you grow more accustomed to His touch you’ll find yourself slipping into His presence throughout the day until both your spirit and your flesh desire nothing but Him.
Question: What are some of the most unexpected places God has ever made you aware of His presence? Let us know in the comments below: